Facts You Need to Know About the ISBSG Repository Data
Data is submitted to the ISBSG from many different IT and metrics organisations. These organisations have an interest in benchmarking, themselves, or wish to support the world’s only “open” repositories of IT project data.
The ISBSG software metrics data can be used to assist you with:
- Project management
- Infrastructure planning
- Bid planning
- Outsourcing management
- Standards compliance
- Budget support
ISBSG Repository Summaries
- Development & Enhancement Repository
- Well-respected organisations from around the world have contributed their software project data to the Development & Enhancement (D&E) Repository.
- Some quick facts about the D&E Repository:
– Consists of more than 10,600 software projects
– Projects developed in 32 different countries
– Wide variety of industry and business types represented
- The data includes:
– Project description details
– Size and size attributes
– Effort and effort attributes
– Project schedule details
– Effort per phase
– Documentation used
– Platform details
- Download a copy of the D&E Demographics Report.
- Maintenance & Support Repository
- Varied organisations (including Outsourcing companies) have contributed their application data to the Maintenance & Support Repository.
- Some quick facts about the M&S Repository:
– Consists of approximately 1,177 applications
– Applications from around the world
– Wide variety of industry and business types
- The data Includes:
– Organisation description details
– Application description details
– Effort breakdown for Maintenance activities
– Effort breakdown for Support activities
– Effort per application size rates
– Defect counts
– Programming Languages Used
- Download a copy of the M&S Demographics Report.
All data that receive is rigorously checked and cross-checked for quality before being added to our Repositories. Each project is then assigned a rating code (A, B, C OR D) to denote its quality rating. Approximately 93% of our projects are rated either A or B and it these projects that are used in analysis.
The ISBSG data is trusted and used by some of the most significant companies in the industry. Analyses of the ISBSG data have been compared with analyses of other industry data and found to be consistent.