IT Confidence 2020 – 8th ISBSG Conference on Software Data collection, Analysis, and Benchmarking
The first virtual IT Confidence conference, FREE of charge for everybody to attend
August 28th 09.00 AM CEST and
September 4th 12.00 PM EDT
Drawing on the ISBSG’s 20-year experience, this conference will provide a forum for both practitioners and researchers to discuss the most recent advances in data collection, analysis, standardization, and benchmarking.
We invite professionals responsible for, involved in, or interested in data collection, analysis, standardization, and benchmarking to share innovative ideas, experiences, and concerns within this scope. The conference targets two types of contributions:
- Experience contributions: e.g. problem statements and practiced solutions in planning and using benchmarking practices for helping and driving strategic decision-making, and
- Research contributions: e.g. empirical studies, hypothesized models, and suggestions for establishing effective benchmarking programs for improving software/service value management.
Conference topics include but are not limited to:
- Approaches for cost-effective and sustainable benchmarking programs
- Approaches to use standardized data for fact-based decision making, especially in agile environments
- Approaches for standardized data collection, analysis, and standardization practices
- Innovative Software Cost Estimation approaches, using parametric models and historical data
- Requirements and constraints for designing effective benchmarking programs to achieve a better value management
- Benchmarking in SMEs (Small-Medium Enterprises) and VSE (Very Small Entities) and related constraints
- Internal and external benchmarking for better strategic, tactical and operational decision-making
- Empirical studies on what could be the most effective measures/KPI to be considered in a benchmarking program and their level of granularity for properly supporting the decision-making process
- Alignment of business, tactical and operational goals and timing for revising the benchmarking strategy
Presentations must not be longer than 25 slides, including no commercials (maximum a single slide presenting your own organization). The abstract can be written in MS Word and should not be longer than 1 A4 page.
The Conference language is English.
The submissions need to be registered in EasyChair: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=isbsg20
- Abstracts submission: July 3, 2020
- Notification of abstract acceptance/rejection: July 19, 2020
- Full presentation submission: August 16, 2020
- Luigi Buglione (Engineering Ing. Inf SpA, Italy)
- Harold van Heeringen (Metri Group, Netherlands)
- Raul David Fernandez Rodriguez (Leda MC, Spain)
- Helen Huang (China SPI, China)