The 8th annual ISBSG Confidence Conference on software data collection, analysis, and benchmarking
Listen to IT and metrics experts discuss the latest developments at the 2020 IT Confidence Conference. For the first time, you will be able to attend the conference via Zoom from your laptop or mobile device.
ISBSG presents the first virtual IT Confidence conference, free of charge for everybody to attend:
The conference will be held on:
August 28th 09.00 AM CEST (central European summer time) and
September 4th 12.00 PM EDT (eastern daylight time)
Software intensive organizations (SIOs) are aware of the significance of measurement processes for informed decision-making and for managing software processes, products and projects. Measurement represents an important enabler for software, systems and service process improvements. However, when starting an improvement program, SIOs don’t always have historical data at their disposal and this can significantly increase time, effort and costs for obtaining a positive return on investment (ROI) from such measurement and monitoring activities.
Many organizations have adopted an agile way of working so the use of standardized data and metrics becomes even more important. Many CxO level managers experience a lack of control and predictability, as they are not given standardized management information. Therefore decision-making based on facts is increasingly difficult. Also the teams themselves often think they are very predictable, using non standardized story point metrics, but research shows actual predictability in fact is very low in most cases.
ISBSG helps the industry by providing an independent source of software project data that can be used for various fact-based decision making processes.
Conference topics include but are not limited to:
- Approaches for cost-effective and sustainable benchmarking programs
- Approaches to use standardized data for fact-based decision making, especially in agile environments
- Approaches for standardized data collection, analysis, and standardization practices
- Innovative Software Cost Estimation approaches, using parametric models and historical data
- Requirements and constraints for designing effective benchmarking programs to achieve a better value management
- Benchmarking in SMEs (Small-Medium Enterprises) and VSE (Very Small Entities) and related constraints
- Internal and external benchmarking for better strategic, tactical and operational decision-making
- Empirical studies on what could be the most effective measures/KPI to be considered in a benchmarking program and their level of granularity for properly supporting the decision-making process
- Alignment of business, tactical and operational goals and timing for revising the benchmarking strategy
Call for Presentations
We invite all IT and metrics experts to submit their presentations for the conference. Find out more.
Full agenda will be release on 21st August 2020.