ISBSG releases new data collection form for Agile teams
Together with FIS Global, a global leader in financial software, ISBSG has constructed a new data collection questionnaire to capture the performance of Agile teams. This is very important, as in general, ISBSG sees the following happening in the world:
- The world is turning Agile. More and more organizations switch to Agile software development.
- In Agile software development, the risks are shifted back to the customer. Suppliers supply people on a T&M base and don’t take any responsibility regarding the result.
- Projects are often poorly estimated and Agile embraces change, resulting in projects that can easily fail; at moment X in time, not all required functionality is ready. Cost will be higher, product will be ready late.
- Agile software development empowers the teams, but Agile teams don’t use standardized metrics to measure their output. Performance is often unknown.
- Senior management is not in control of the many Agile teams because of this.
- Senior management need to manage the organization and is responsible for the cost spent versus value created.
- Senior management need objective, accurate, trustworthy information to manage the organization.
- They need to be able to compare teams, to understand high and low performers and to understand the quality and risks in the application portfolio.
- At the moment, they don’t have this information.
ISBSG data helps to measure and control the teams. Please contribute by submitting data.
New D&E release next month. Pre-order for 10% discount.
ISBSG will be releasing a new version of the Development & Enhancement data with and additional 900+data points next month. If you would like to pre-order your release email email@example.com to secure your 10% discount.