The Benchmark Release 8 analyses the factors that affect the software project duration, quality and productivity of software development and enhancement projects and package customisation projects. This is an essential reference document for all I.T. professionals involved in the production or acquisition of software and for teachers of software engineering subjects and related topics.
The information in this book will help you with:
- Future project estimations
- Software project risk analysis
- Development contract negotiations
- Assessment of the impact on your project duration, (time to market), of your choice of platforms, languages and tools.
The content of this book is based on the information that the ISBSG has gathered on 2,027 software projects from around the world.
This release provides I.T. Customers, Project Managers, I.T. Managers, Chief Information Officers and Team Leaders, with the results of analyses of software projects including the factors that affect the project duration, (“time to market”); the quality of software development, enhancement and redevelopment; and software projects that involve the use of packages.
The information in this book will help you with your future project estimations, risk analysis and development contract negotiations. It will also show the impact on your project duration, (time to market), of your choice of platforms, languages and tools. For those involved in negotiating and managing outsourcing contracts, there is a wealth of information that you can use to establish supplier performance criteria and comparisons against similar projects.
The following special areas of interest are analysed:
- Project Duration or “time to market”
- Software Projects involving Package Customisation
- Project Quality and the post implementation cost of low quality software
- Projects that have been sized using the COSMIC functional sizing method.
In this Benchmark release you can find answers to the following questions:
- Is project duration, (“time to market”), now the main priority?
- How are faster project delivery times achieved?
- Is productivity compromised to achieve faster delivery?
- If I buy a software package, what will be the impact of customisation compared to turnkey implementation?
- What project characteristics influence the rate of defects in software?
- What defect rate can I set as acceptable for my out-sourcing or in-house development agreements?
- What is the post-implementation cost of high defect software?
- What level of function point output can I expect from a developer?
Cost: €90 EUR
Preview online at www.books24x7.com
To preview this and other ISBSG publications, visit Books24x7 Sneak Peak Site Preview and fill in the Preview Trial Request form. Although some of the content will be masked by x's, the site preview allows you to browse and search through all the titles, create bookmarks and notes, and place books on your personal bookshelf. To preview The Benchmark Release 8 or other ISBSG publications, ensure you select the ITPro collection when filling in the Preview Trial Request form.